If you’re looking for information on medical schools in Washington, there is only one medical school there. The name of that school is the University of Washington School of Medicine. Before you decide on applying for University of Washington, be sure to check out their admission requirements and what the school’s acceptance rate is.
University of Washington School of Medicine
- Minimum requirement MCAT score of 9 or above in each section is recommended to apply.
- Minimum GPA of 3.5 or above is recommended to apply.
- Social Sciences: 4 semesters
- Chemistry and Biology: 6 semesters
- Physics: 2 semesters or 1 semester plus 1 semester of Calculus or Linear Algebra.
- General types of courses that fulfill these requirements are: anthropology, classics, cultural studies/cross cultural studies, English literature, ethics, foreign language literature, history, music appreciation, philosophy, religion/theology, sociology, study abroad.
- These courses must include college level chemistry and biology, biochemistry, genetics, molecular genetics, cell biology/cell physiology.
Recommended courses: Ethics, Anatomy or Comparative Anatomy, Human or Mammalian Physiology, and Embryology.
- The primary application service is AMCAS.
- Primary application available on AMCAS on June 1st.
- Primary application deadline is November 1st.
- Seconary application due January 13th.
- Notifications of invitation to interview are sent September through March.
- Final decisions for admittance are made the last week of March.
Admission Statistics (from 2008)
4,629 (1,137 in-state, 3,492 out-of-state) students applied to the University of Washington School of Medicine and 267 (227 in-state, 40 out-of-state) were accepted. The University of Washington School of Medicine’s acceptance rate is about 5.8%. It’s about 20% acceptance rate for in-state students and 1.1% for out-of-state applicants.
Office of Admissions
Phone: (206) 543-7212