If you’re looking to apply for medical school in Indiana, there is only one medical school you need to apply to, that school is the Indiana University Indianapolis School of Medicine. The following are admission requirements and statistics for Indianapolis School of Medicine so be sure to go over the information before applying.
Indiana University Indianapolis School of Medicine
Note: Preference is given to in-state applicants or students with close ties to the state of Indiana.
- Minimum requirement MCAT score of 25 or above with no individual score below 7 is required to apply.
- Minimum GPA of 3.2 or above is required to apply.
Early Decision Program
- Minimum requirement MCAT of 30 or above with no individual score below 8 is required to qualify.
- Minimum GPA of 3.6 or above is required to qualify.
- General Chemistry with Lab: 8 credit hours
- Organic Chemistry with Lab: 8 credit hours
- Biology with Lab: 8 credit hours
- Physics with Lab: 8 credit hours
Courses in Humanities and Social and Behavioral sciences are also required.
- The primary application service is AMCAS.
- Primary application is available on AMCAS June 1st and deadline for the application is December 15th.
- Early Decision Program application is also available on June 1st but the application deadline is August 1st.
- Supplemental forms are sent once initial application is approved and an interview is scheduled.
- Supplemental forms are due before the scheduled interview with a fee of $50 along with the following:
- Dean of Students Evaluation: Completed by the individual that maintains student disciplinary records at your school.
- 3 Letter of Evaluations from nonscience and science faculties and a personal evaluation.
- Official transcripts from all universities attended which must be sent directly to the Office of Admissions.
- The final notification of acceptance for people who enrolled in the Early Decision Program will be sent be October 1st.
- General acceptance notifications are sent on the beginning of October through June 1st.
- Acceptance deadline is 30 days from the date of admission letter.
Admission Statistics (from 2010)
There were 3,636 students who applied to the Indiana University Indianapolis School of Medicine and only 322 (271 in-state, 51 out-of-state) students enrolled into the school. The Indiana University Indianapolis School of Medicine’s acceptance rate is about 8.9%.
Office of Admissions
Phone: (317) 274-3772