There is only one medical school in Colorado and that school is the University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine. But before you begin the application process, you should take a look at their requirements and admission statistics to improve your chances of getting into University of Colorado.
University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine
- Minimum requirement MCAT score of 31 or above is recommended to apply.
- Minimum GPA of 3.69 or above is recommended to apply.
- Biology with Lab: 8 semester hours
- General Chemistry with Lab: 8 semester hours
- Organic Chemistry with Lab: 8 semester hours
- General Physics with Lab: 8 semester hours
- English Literature/Composition: 6 semester hours
- College Level Mathematics: 6 semester hours
Recommended courses: Biochemistry, Computer Sciences, Genetics, Humanities, and Social Sciences.
- The primary application service is AMCAS with a fee of $100.
- Primary applications are available on AMCAS on June 1st.
- Primary application deadline is November 1st.
- Secondary application is requested for all applicants and the earliest filing date is August 1st.
- Secondary application deadline is December 31st.
- Requires three to five letters of recommendations.
- Interviews begin late September through early March.
- Offers of acceptance go out October 16th and continues monthly until the class is filled.
The University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine receives about 4,500 applicants per year with only 160 available slots in its school. The University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine’s acceptance rate is about 3.6%. About 75% of students are Colorado residents.
Medical School Admissions
Phone: (303) 724-8025
Fax: (303) 724-8028